Staff Pick: Meghan's Rock-n-Rollin' Vegas Suitcase

Hello guys! It's Meghan!

One of my passions as far as collections go is location things. I can't resist things with city names on it! "Travel" stuff, as I call my collection, has been going on since I was very little. I remember getting a tee shirt with a New York city print on the front when I was seven and there has been no going back. I have a Wildwood New Jersey Cow Creamer, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh tourist necklaces, and too many tee shirts to count (including one from when the Berlin Wall was torn down - I've worn it so much there are holes in it now!). I have to admit, tee shirts are my favorite thing to collect, and I love stuff with text on the front. So, when one of our consignors, who is also a sign maker, brought in this amazing Las Vegas suitcase I knew I had to write a post about it!

You can see my love of travel tees here as I'm wearing my fave Paris one! 
The consignor hand painted this piece with a vintage inspired font. I love it! If only it said Broadway, because I used to be in theater and love New York stuff. This would be a super cute suitcase to store craft supplies, use as a display piece or to store out of season clothes (stack a few in a corner for a neat storage display!).

Link to Item Info

I think the pin stripe detail on this is pretty amazing, too. It's very rockabilly. What is rockabilly? It's a very cool 50's inspired style that mixes rock-n-roll and hillbilly music. Think of the greasers from Grease with a southern rock influence.

Update: Check out this awesome suitcase makeover I found on Pinterest:


This would be a great use for the Las Vegas suitcase above! Make it into a cool craft organizer, sewing kit or just have it because it's awesome. Well, I'll see you guys later!

 
~ Meghan for Phantastic Phinds













View Our FULL website:www.PhantasticPhinds.com

Like what you see?
Don't miss a thing by signing up to receive our
blog posts via email: click here to sign up


You can also follow us on 
Facebook
Twitter & Pinterest 

Fully stocked in Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan

  

Join Us for one of our Current Classes Schedule at the Workshop:
 PhantasticPhinds.com/Workshop

Phantastic Phinds 631 Bethlehem Pike Erdenheim PA 19038 www.PhantasticPhinds.com 215-233-3325 

Comments

Popular Posts