Jenna's First Chalk Paint® Project

Hey, It's Jenna! It took me some time to commit to my first Chalk Paint® project…but now I’m totally hooked!! Last summer, I picked up this little gem of a table from Phantastic Phinds and wanted to turn it into a game table for my boys.  This guy was screaming…PAINT ME, PLEASE!!! 


It’s the perfect height for my kids to sit on the floor and it has a HUGE drawer that holds checkers, chess pieces and playing cards. I wanted to keep it somewhat neutral, but also wanted to take advantage of some of the gorgeous colors offered by Annie Sloan! After carefully deciding on a color combo (why are black & white NOT considered colors???) I decided on a splash of Provence with French Linen on top.  I did satisfy my need for black & white by painting the checkerboard with Graphite and Old Ochre. Perfect combo!


First I painted the whole piece with one light coat of Provence.  Then I painted two coats of French Linen over the table, while leaving the drawer in Provence.   After applying the clear wax, I used sand paper to bring out some peeks of Provence in the table around the edges and on the legs. 



The checkerboard was the hardest part.  As a novice, it probably wasn’t the smartest choice I ever made, but now I know….and love the outcome!



Moving on….After painting the checkerboard, I lightly sanded that whole top to age it a bit, then added another coat of light wax.  Voila!  I’d love to say my little angels use it every day, but it really looks cute on my deep window sill!  And my first Annie Sloane project makes me smile! Checkers anyone?!

 
~ Jenna for Phantastic Phinds
















View Our FULL website:
www.PhantasticPhinds.com


Like what you see?
Don't miss a thing by signing up to receive our
blog posts via email: click here to sign up


You can also follow us on 
Facebook
Twitter & Pinterest 

Fully stocked in Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan

  

Join Us for one of our Current Classes Schedule at the Workshop:
 PhantasticPhinds.com/Workshop

Phantastic Phinds 631 Bethlehem Pike Erdenheim PA 19038 www.PhantasticPhinds.com 215-233-3325 

Comments

Popular Posts