How to Use Chalk Paint® In Store Demo Recap: Chateau Grey, Cream, Clear & Dark Wax

Hi All! Angela here with a recap of last Friday's in store Chalk Paint® demo... 

I decided it was time to do an in store Chalk Paint® demo to ease the mind of those who are apprehensive to use this paint. Trust us! There is nothing to be afraid of. 


I gathered some of my supplies from the workshop: TSP degreaser to clean the piece, Chateau Grey, Cream , Clear & Dark Wax, Wax Brushes, my Annie Sloan medium paint brush and my trusty (and beloved) frog painters tape. 


This was the piece before. 70's style maple with not too much character. We use it to house the toiletries in the powder room at the shop. 



I chose Chateau Grey because I think it such an underestimation color. I cannot tell you how many people feel in love with this color once they saw it this piece. 



I started painting inside as the crowd gathered. It was going to be a great demo! 




As the paint dried, I had time to help customers pick colors and talk about projects.



A great tip: In between coats, while you are waiting for the paint to dry, wrap your wet brush in a glove to keep in moist. 



I even painted RIGHT OVER the hardware. 







Once the piece was covered in Chateau Grey, I did cream on the insets to make it pop. I did a rustic technique for some added detail. (There goes my trusty Frog tape, have I ever told you what a messy painter I can be :) 



Next up wax... and away I went. One coat of clear everywhere. 



Then some dark on the Cream section to bring out the rustic detail and I sanded a bit to bring the Chateau color back through, you know how I like my shabby and chic! 






And here she is all done.... 



The demo was such a hit I think we will do it again! Until next time. 





~Angela for Phantastic Phinds







View Our FULL website:
www.PhantasticPhinds.com


Like what you see?
Don't miss a thing by signing up to receive our
blog posts via email: click here to sign up


You can also follow us on 
Facebook
Twitter & Pinterest 

Fully stocked in Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan


  

Join Us for one of our Current Classes Schedule at the Workshop:
 PhantasticPhinds.com/Workshop

Phantastic Phinds 631 Bethlehem Pike Erdenheim PA 19038 www.PhantasticPhinds.com 215-233-3325

Comments

Popular Posts