Staff Pick of the Week: Vintage Inspired Signs

Hello, it's Meghan!

This week I've got some vintage inspiration for you. When I write for my personal blog, some of my favorite posts that I do are always inspiration posts. They can be sewing project I'd like to try or style ideas that I'm inspired by. Lately, one of our consignors has been bringing us lovely hand painted vintage-inspired signs. As you know from my Liberty Bell post and my sharpie plates, I LOVE text art! There is something so beautiful about typography and the written word, and I love having pieces of it scattered all over my home. I've rounded up some inspiration for you based on vintage sign decor. Take a peek, see what you think.

Link to Item Info
I love how this family created a custom bakery sign for over their stove! Signs are probably a good alternative to artwork over the stove because you wouldn't be too concerned with damaging the piece and it would still bring a homey feel to your kitchen.

Pin
I have a major weakness for travel memorabilia, and I love faux-vintage travel signs. Remember that Route 66 sign we had a few weeks ago? So cute. I like how this travel sign is propped over a shelf and really accents the knick-knacks on the shelf.

Pin
 I had to include this just for that Keep Calm and Sew On one. I think I need that.

Link to Website
When I was little, I loved the cartoon version of Sleepy Hollow, so when this popped up on my Pinterest sign search, I had to include it! How cool would this be for Halloween (or year round)! I love having favorite book art in the house. I actually told Laura the other day that I'm working on a silhouette of Sherlock Holmes, complete with a deerstalker hat and smoking a pipe. If that turns out, I'll make sure to show you guys. Do you have any favorite book art in your home?
Pin
This grocery sign is a sweet addition to a kitchen!
Pin
I'm loving these directional signs, although I think those might be a little too formal for any place I live. It would be helpful to your guests, though, if you entertain a lot.
Pin
Pin
One of major charms of text art in your home is being able to have inspirational quotes where you can see them every day. It can be song lyrics, favorite verses or just nice sayings and when you see them you will be reminded to smile.

Pin
Having grown up in Maryland, I had to include this! It would also be neat to do the beaches of New Jersey, too. How sweet would this look in a beach house?
Pin
And finally, I love love love this idea for an out door wedding. It is rustic, charming and just an adorable touch. It would be super adorable to have the happy couple pose in front of it, too.

If you're looking for some hand made vintage-inspired signage for your home, go to www.phantasticphinds.com and do a search for "sign". It will bring up all of the wooden signs we have in the shop. Check out some of my favorites below:

Link to Item Info
 If you're a collector, and I know many of you are, this could be a cute little decorative item for your home. Just in case people don't know what you like!

Link to Item Info
 Here is a charming Cold Beer sign that would look adorable in a "man cave" room.

(Sold)
 I think this sign is so funny! It would be adorable in a bathroom, don't you think? Especially if it pointed to the shower.

Link to Item Info
The same consignor that brought the nude beach sign also brought in this nudist camp one! How funny is that? It would be an adorable addition to a lake home.

Link to Item Info
Here is another sign that would just look so sweet in a bathroom or beach house. I love how rustic it is and the lettering is awesome.

We get signs like this in often, so if you don't like the ones I've picked, like I said go to our website and search for signs. Everything we have in stock will come up! Until next time!




 
~ Meghan for Phantastic Phinds













View Our FULL website:
www.PhantasticPhinds.com


Like what you see?
Don't miss a thing by signing up to receive our
blog posts via email: click here to sign up


You can also follow us on 
Facebook
Twitter & Pinterest 

Fully stocked in Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan

  

Join Us for one of our Current Classes Schedule at the Workshop:
 PhantasticPhinds.com/Workshop

Phantastic Phinds 631 Bethlehem Pike Erdenheim PA 19038 www.PhantasticPhinds.com 215-233-3325 


Comments

  1. Really inspiring vintage signs specially the text art where we can see them in our daily routine and get inspiration from them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts