St. Patrick's Inspiration: Displaying The Green

Inspiration: BOTH Spring and St Pattys Round Up- Loving Winter but Can't Wait for Spring/Summer

Hello! It's Meghan here with another holiday inspiration post for you. I am starting to sound like a greeting card company, but I love holidays so much! Any excuse to take an ordinary day and make it special. With this post, I wanted to not only point out St Patrick's day and the pretty greens that come with celebrating it, but spring is coming, too! That's kind of what St Patrick's Day makes me think of- early spring, green and a freshness to the world as things start sprouting and growing again.

I did pull out a little information on St Patrick's day info from Wikipedia for you. I wanted to know more about it. For someone who knows "The Wearing Of The Green" by heart, I was lacking in information about this holiday. Here is what I found:

From Wikipedia: "Originally, the color associated with Saint Patrick was blue. Over the years the color green and its association with Saint Patrick's day grew. Green ribbons and shamrocks were worn in celebration of St Patrick's Day as early as the 17th century. Saint Patrick is said to have used the shamrock, a three-leaved plant, to explain the Holy Trinity to the pagan Irish, and the wearing and display of shamrocks and shamrock-inspired designs have become a ubiquitous feature of the day. In the 1798 rebellion, to make a political statement, Irish soldiers wore full green uniforms on 17 March in hopes of catching public attention. The phrase "the wearing of the green", meaning to wear a shamrock on one's clothing, derives from a song of the same name."


Link to Item Page
This is a painting that we have in the shop and I really think it summarizes this post, which is not just about St Patrick's Day but also about refreshing your house with touches of Green for spring. The beautiful spring flowers are softly surrounded by a green background and a pretty frame. This would be a great piece to have throughout the year.
Link to Pinterest
I have a shabby old dresser at home that needs some sprucing up, and this is one of the many ideas that has gone through my mind to add some life to it! I love the chevron stripes, and the green (which I'm pretty sure is Antibes Chalk Paint®) is so cheerful! Also, as a side note, I LOVE THAT LAMP.

Link to Pinterest
Here is another cool green look with a blue paint layered under the green, and a minty shade on the walls! You know, I used to be an Acting major in college and this reminds me of the phrase "Green Room". Of course, I've only ever been in one green room that was actually painted green, but it was almost this exact minty shade. When I asked why, they said it was because green was psychologically supposed to calm you. I'm pretty sure this is just theater folk lore, but here is a Wikipedia page on Green Rooms if you'd like to read more.

Link to Pinterest
Link to Blog
Here is a few rustic pieces painted in a bright Antibes green and then distressed so some of the wood showed through. These would be great pieces both indoors as storage or outdoors as garden work stations or tool cabinets.

Link to Pinterest
Another thing that I might do to my worn out dresser is this large stencil on the front. Stencils, believe it or not, are super easy to do and very rewarding. I've been stenciling my own shirts and clothes since I was a teenager and I have to say it's one of my favorite craft projects.

Link to Pinterest
I know, a LOVE sign would have been GREAT for the Valentine's post I did a few weeks back, but here is what I was thinking- wouldn't this sign be so cool with LUCK instead of LOVE? I think that might be one of my next projects!

Link to Blog
This is my favorite type of pattern. Ask my friends- I have at least three dresses with varying versions of this pattern on the fabric. I would love to paper a wall in my apartment with something like this, and I love how the green couch and springy flowers just pop against the black and white.

Link to Pinterest
Take an old green suitcase and make a charming bench or pet bed for your home! You could probably find a small side table to use as the base for it, too. It would be a pretty easy DIY.

Link to Article
Every time we get saw horses in the shop, I get tempted to make a desk like this one. I love how it looks industrial-meets-adorable, and the green color is so chipper! A saw horse desk would be such a good crafting table, too.

Link to Pinterest
I'm on a Union Jack kick right now where I want everything covered with it, and I love how the bold colors of the chair stand out against the green book shelves. If you wanted a similar look without the built-in book shelves, you could find some second hand book shelves and paint them a uniform color to create a similar look.
Link to Blog
This picture reminded me of my mom! She loves rustic stuff, and this table with the hanging shelf would be right up her alley. I love how springy this shade is, and the blue glass is a good color to complement the green shade.

I hope you've enjoyed my green inspiration post! As much as I love winter, and I do, I'm pretty excited for spring this year. I love flowers and green trees and spring dresses (and I can't wait to dig out my converse sneakers!). And speaking of spring things, check out this adorable little frog that Jenna surprised me with! I can't wait to turn it into a fun spring necklace.



Did you like this post? Check out other Holiday Themed Round Ups - Halloween and Valentine's Day!



 
~ Meghan for Phantastic Phinds

Freshly Restocked Flea Market Style Magazine! 
Link to Item Info
View Our FULL website:
www.PhantasticPhinds.com


Like what you see?
Don't miss a thing by signing up to receive our
blog posts via email: click here to sign up


You can also follow us on 
Facebook
Twitter & Pinterest 

Fully stocked in Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan

  

Join Us for one of our Current Classes Schedule at the Workshop:
 PhantasticPhinds.com/Workshop

Phantastic Phinds 631 Bethlehem Pike Erdenheim PA 19038 www.PhantasticPhinds.com 215-233-3325 

Comments

Popular Posts