Picture Frame Fix: Hanging With Washers

Hi! It's Meghan!

So a few weeks ago I did a home tour where I showed you some of the Phantastic things that I've found over the year that I've been with Phantastic Phinds. I showed you my favorite wall in the house where I display photos of my favorite band mingled in with my vintage picture collection. It is right above my cutting table in my office- here is the picture below:


Sorry for the quality- I think my camera is about to die! Poor thing. Anyway, these frames were gifted to me by Liz. I painted them to try and add some color to the room but I ran out of the blue paint and tried to mix in green- it just didn't go. Also, I didn't have any picture hangers so if you look closely you can see how they are all tied to the wall with string. Not an inspiring thing to see above your craft space.

So I grabbed a sample pot of Provence Chalk Paint® and painted them all a uniform color. I didn't have to do anything- I just went right over them as is. I didn't have any picture hanging kits on hand and I really do like a more industrial look, so I rifled around in my tool box until I found large washers. I used our favorite glue (e6000) to glue the washers to the back of the frames where I needed them to be.


If you don't want to use e6000, I'm sure that hot glue would probably work, too, but e6000 is more permanent. Hot glue also tends to melt if you have it in a heated area, and these hang just above a light fixture. I let the glue dry and then hung them on the wall!


It looks so much better and it was so simple! I'd show you the whole wall but it's still a work in progress. I've since added a light fixture, a spice rack (for my bottle collection), and a pretty red shelf. I promise when it's done I'll show you! Do you have any good tips for updating picture frames? Let us know!



 
~ Meghan for Phantastic Phinds


Freshly Restocked Flea Market Style Magazine! 
Link to Item Info


View Our FULL website:
www.PhantasticPhinds.com


Like what you see?
Don't miss a thing by signing up to receive our
blog posts via email: click here to sign up

You can also follow us on 
Facebook
Twitter & Pinterest 

Fully stocked in Chalk Paint™ decorative paint by Annie Sloan


  

Join Us for one of our Current Classes Schedule at the Workshop:
 PhantasticPhinds.com/Workshop

Phantastic Phinds 631 Bethlehem Pike Erdenheim PA 19038 www.PhantasticPhinds.com 215-233-3325

Comments

Popular Posts