A Vintage Valentine's Round Up

Hi, It's Meghan! 

I don't know about you, but I'm an absolute cheese-ball and I LOVE Valentine's Day. I know, I know, it's "commercial" but sometimes I think we need to be reminded that we're appreciated and I love any excuse to tell the people I care about that I love them especially.


Valentine's Day is just a sweet day in general. What's not to love about a holiday built around chocolate? 


While browsing through pinterest the other day I realized there were just so many things that you can do for your special someone. So I thought I'd put together a little Valentine's round up for you. I hope you find it as inspiring as I do. 





Pin
Are you doing a special meal for your Valentine? Why not spruce up the table with some vintage pink and red glasses and plates! Gee.. I wonder where you could "phind" such things...


Pin
One of the many things I collect is vintage bottles, and I know that is kind of a trend right now, too. If your special someone collects vintage bottles, why not find them a special one and instead of a gift tag, make it a "love potion"! This is a great idea and so adorable. 


Pin
Pin
I love some of the vintage frames we get in. Why not try out some Valentine's inspired art by painting a vintage picture frame red and filling it with something lovely. ;-) 


For the hobbyist in your life, why not try a mason jar full of vintage buttons? Once the buttons have been used, mason jars can be used for so many other projects like dried flowers, storage or make a memory jar like Angela did last week! The vintage buttons also provide a perfect cover for hiding things.. small things... like jewelry. ;-) Get creative with your wrapping.



I was thinking about making the girls at work little Valentine's presents this week, and while I went in a different direction, I did consider buying these tiny vases and red pitcher for mini floral arrangements! I just got the cutest silk flowers from Michael's and they would have been perfect. Do you have a friend or co-worker that could use some flowers? These are also perfect for co-workers especially because they are small and perfect for sitting on a desk. 


Flea Market Style
My boyfriend knows me so well. For my birthday he got me the perfect gift- new magazines to cut up! In addition to the pinterest boards for the shop and my personal boards, I keep notebooks filled with cut up magazine pictures. The newest Flea Market Style magazine is chock full of inspiration and if you know a flea market lover or vintage collector, it would be a cute little "thinking of you" gift! 


Link to Item Info
And you can't have a proper Valentine's without candles, right? Granted, these aren't long red tapers but they are super cute. These soy candles have a long burn time, come in an adorable mason jar, and since they are soy they are actually better for you to burn than other types of candles. If you need some romantic scents, we have Raspberry Merlot, Rose, Lilac, French Vanilla, Fresh Cut Flowers, Gardenia, Blackberry Sage, and Warm Vanilla Sugar (AND SO MANY MORE). 

If none of these ideas work for you for the vintage lover in your life, Phantastic Phinds also offers gift certificates! It's a great last minute gift and it allows the person you love to pick their own Valentine treat. 

Remember, you don't need Valentine's day as an excuse to show someone you care, but all the red hearts and chocolate do make things especially sweet. 




 
~ Meghan for Phantastic Phinds

Freshly Restocked Flea Market Style Magazine! 
Link to Item Info


View Our FULL website:
www.PhantasticPhinds.com


Like what you see?
Don't miss a thing by signing up to receive our
blog posts via email: click here to sign up


You can also follow us on 
Facebook
Twitter & Pinterest 

Fully stocked in Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan


  

Join Us for one of our Current Classes Schedule at the Workshop:
 PhantasticPhinds.com/Workshop

Phantastic Phinds 631 Bethlehem Pike Erdenheim PA 19038 www.PhantasticPhinds.com 215-233-3325



Comments

Popular Posts