Old White & Duck Egg How To Use Chalk Paint® 1920's Hutch



Happy Fourth Of July


This Hutch can be purchased at our New Chestnut Hill Location

See Below how it was Recreated.
 this 1920's hutch from the store I purchased to give it a Chalk Paint™ face lift. 
 


The hardest decision for me was whether to paint over the beautiful inlay or leave it exposed. Unfortunately, the color pallet didn't lend itself to the deep wood tones of the inlay and paint I did. :( 


I chose Old White for the body and Duck Egg (gotta love that Duck Egg) for the inside and the accents. 


I used my beautiful Medium Annie Sloan brush - it makes the process even that much faster. 




Messy as I am, I used my beloved Frog Tape to cover the glass edges. A razor blade also works to remove dried paint from glass.






After two coats of Old White to the body, I touched up the detailed edges with Duck Egg, as well as painting the inside with two coats. Finishing up with clear wax throughout, then a quick distressing.




















I promise to do a smooth, modern finish soon but I just LOOOVVVEEEEE me some shabby chic. This  shows how easy and simple it can be to relove something with the miracle of Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan
CHESTNUT HILL LOCATION
8219 Germantown Ave
Philadelphia PA, 19118
Across from Fresh Market

631 Bethlehem Pike
Erdenheim PA, 19038


Like what you see?
Don't miss a thing by signing up to receive our
blog posts via email: www.phantasticphinds.com 

You can also follow us on 
Facebook
Twitter & Pinterest 


Philly Hot List Winner for Best Furniture 2011, 2012 & 2013,2014!
Featured on HGTV House Hunters 2014

Fully stocked in Chalk Paint®
decorative paint by Annie Sloan

  

Join Us for one of our Current Classes Schedule at the Workshop:
 List of Scheduled Workshops

Phantastic Phinds 631 Bethlehem Pike Erdenheim Pxxx

View Our FULL website: 
A 19038 www.PhantasticPhinds.com 215-233-3325

Like what you see?
Don't miss a thing by signing up to receive our
blog posts via email: click here

You can also follow us on 

FacebookTwitter & Pinterest 

Phantastic Phinds 631 Bethlehem Pike Erdenheim PA 19038 www.PhantasticPhinds.com 215-233-3325

Comments

  1. I know this was a year ago, but I can't help myself from commenting. I thought the chalk one was the before and you restored it to its originally beauty. Such a shame that wonderful finish was ruined. Poor taste!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts