Guest Post: Dana at Circa Dee on Chalk Paint™

Welcome everyone. Today we have a wonderful Chalk Paint™ inspired guest post from Dana at Circa Dee.  Check out her blog at circadee.com or her physical location in the Skippack area near Center Pointe Pond. This is Dana's second post for Phantastic Phinds. You will notice in her photos below that she and I share a love of yellow American pottery, as posted in my "home tour" post. Enjoy! ~Angela

Hey there Phantastic Phinds readers! I am so excited that Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ can now be purchased at Phantastic Phinds. Until now, I couldn't find it locally in Philadelphia, Montgomery or Bucks counties. Yay! So in celebration of this fabulous news, I am popping in today to share a dresser that I refinished earlier in the year by layering Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™.



I started out with a plain vintage dresser from the 1930's. I painted a coat of Antibes Green which tends to be on the bright side on its own. I went with a layering technique and added Versailles over it applying more paint in the centers of the drawers and surfaces. I dry brushed the excess paint to the edges allowing Antibes Green to show through.



Once the paint was dry I began heavily distressing the paint by hand with a medium grit sandpaper. I focused on the edges again so the Antibes Green and natural wood would show through the Versailles.



Then I added a coat of clear Annie Sloan wax.



And used a buffer to achieve an impeccable shine. The result is a nice, hard finish.



And finally I took the original wood knobs, cleaned them up and dark waxed them so they'd pop against the light paint.



Versailles is a color that I like to have on hand because it is so versatile. It is a very warm neutral with some green and yellow undertones. And Antibes Green is just bright and fun!

Happy painting!



~ Dana from Circa Dee for Phantastic Phinds
View Dana's blog here: circadee.com



Thank you to all of our wonderful customers who voted for us, WE WON, again! Best Furniture 2012 Philly Hot List. We really  DO have the best fans and customers!
View Our FULL website: 
Like what you see?
Don't miss a thing by signing up to receive our
blog posts via email: click here

You can also follow us on 

FacebookTwitter & Pinterest 

Phantastic Phinds 631 Bethlehem Pike Erdenheim PA 19038 www.PhantasticPhinds.com 215-233-3325


Comments

  1. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this dresser!!! Found it on Pinterest.. It is so unlike any other colors I've seen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts