Round Up: Put a Bird On It

Hello! It's Meghan.

I don't know if any of you watch the show Portlandia. I don't, really, but I saw one sketch they did that ended up going viral. It was called "Put a Bird On It". Basically, they are making fun of the fact that birds seem to be on everything. From dresses to purses to anything home decor, birds are an incredibly popular motif. And why not? Birds are beautiful, graceful and elegant. They can fly. They represent music, nesting, and power. They have good energy. The image of a bird flying from a cage invokes a sense of freedom, spirit. A flock of birds brings to mind friends that stick with you through thick and thin. Of course people want to see bird images when they bring such positive thoughts to mind! So for this round up, I'm taking a look at crafty things you can do and birds that we have in the shop.

Image Source
"Meghan, it looks creepy, like the birds are going to attack you." -Liz

I don't know what it is, but I love this bird mural. I think it's great. I love how it looks in this bedroom, too. As you can see from above, Liz kind of made fun of me on this one (especially because I won't buy things with people's faces on it because they "look" at me). The mural is so well done! I like this one, too.

Image Source 
All the little birds sitting in a row really adds character to this room. They are cute and adorable without being creepy.
Pin 
We get empty frames in the shop a lot, and we're always looking for cute things to do with them. I love these bird ornaments in an empty frame! So much so that I might be doing this later tonight. :-)
Image Source 
I am a huge fan of painting furniture. HUGE FAN. I think that murals or decals on furniture really helps make it your own. I hate when people have the exact same thing as me (probably why I DIY so much). So I would totally do a dresser like this! I would either paint the birds directly on or use modge podge and bird cut outs to get this look. Again, I just might have to go home and try this.
Image Source 
Spray paint can work wonders on anything. Remember my cake plate DIY? Well, I think I have something new to try with candlesticks- these! Take some candle holders, some inexpensive bird figurines and a can of your favorite color and GO. Have fun!
Image Source 
Image Source 
Image Source 
Finally, I wanted to show you some things you can do with bird cages because we do get them in. The metal ones make lovely candle displays and wedding accessories.

Check out some of the birds on our website below.

Blue Glass Bird , Occupied Japan Chicken Salt Shakers ,  Vintage Brown Bird and Second Vintage Brown Bird
Stangl Cerulean Bird , Peacock Wall Plate
Beautiful Osprey Print , Brightly Colored Tall Tile ,  Pheasant Mug
White Bird Figurine , Blue Glass RoosterGreen Glass PenguinPink Trinket Box w/ Blue Bird
What have you put a bird on lately? We'd like to know! Leave your comments in the box below on our blog or email us! Thanks!

~Meghan for Phantastic Phinds
 

 
  
View Our FULL website: www.PhantasticPhinds.com


Like what you see? Don't miss a thing by signing up to receive our  blog posts via email: click here

You can also follow us on 
Facebook
TwitterPinterest 

Phantastic Phinds 631 Bethlehem Pike Erdenheim PA 19038 www.PhantasticPhinds.com 215-233-3325
 

Comments

  1. Great post! I love birds anything! I just picked up a large wooden birdcage at GW. I'm thinking about painting it? I love the birds sitting in a row along the wall and the ones hanging in the frame. I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry. We can't wait to see what you do with the birdcage. Glad we could be here to inspire! ~PP

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts