Style Two Ways: Rustic Side Tables

Hello! It's Meghan again! This style two ways is actually a few different things that I love in the store, focusing mainly on two rustic side tables.

The Culprits:

 


The rustic little 4 drawer cabinet is in pretty rough shape, but it is only $13.00 and would be perfect for storing beading or jewelry supplies. It is a perfect height for the rustic dark wood magazine rack that is only $29.50. (Each stand 24" tall.) 

I had been rolling this idea around in my head for a while. I have two small night tables at home that were given to me for free and I was looking to make them into a desk but I have yet to find a sturdy piece of wood. When I saw this seamstress board at the shop, I knew I could do the same thing with these two little guys. Here is what I came up with.




I set the magazine rack sideways and then placed the cute little cabinet next to it. I then put the seamstress board across the two to create an instant rustic desk! Of course, a desk needs chotchkies so I made sure to display some of my favorite things (such as a mer-elephant and a beautiful jewelry box). 

Since we're doing a style two ways for two pieces, I have two more displays because I felt each little piece deserved it's own second styling. Here is the cabinet in another look:


For this look I took two adorable wooden chairs and added the little cabinet between it to create a drink for two spot. I added some vintage glasses, a beautiful amber decanter, a gorgeous embroidered place mat and a neat vintage eagle lamp! Pretty pillows make this a cute spot for a drink and a chat.

Then, I restyled the magazine rack with my current favorite chair in the shop as a cute side table for books. I'm an avid reader so my little tables at home are always covered with books. 


This is a perfect reading chair (I tested it out) and I love the floral pillow. I like stripes and florals because they balance each other out. The magazine rack is the perfect height for a lamp and some books and maybe a little drink.

So there you have it! How to style rustic tables in two ... well, technically three ways. I hope you have as much fun reading this as I did making it. Remember, if you liked this post or any of our other posts please leave a little comment below! 

Shop Look One:

Shop Look Two:

Shop Look Three: 
* Vintage Lamps



~Meghan for Phantastic Phinds


Like what you see? Don't miss a thing by signing up to receive our  posts via email here

You can also follow us on FacebookTwitter & Pinterest

Comments

  1. Meghan, I LOVE how creative you are! Your posts are full of great re-purposing ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment & compliment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Customer Comment: Meghan. you truely have a gift. that table you designed is darling.. i enjoy seeing what you come up with. I am presently putting together a 'man cave' for my boys ( hubby and son). i am going for the 'industrial look." any ideas in the store??? maybe you could do a post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts