Staff Pick of the Week: School Master Desk



Hi, I'm Liz. You will most likely see me if you pop in the shop almost any day. My pick of the week is the School Masters Desk.
 
This desk faces me where I stand at the register and I cannot stop staring at it. Take a closer look while you are in the store and you will see all sorts of wonderful stains, knicks and gouges that tell an intriguing story.  If furniture could talk! 

Take a look at the dowel joint on the inside of the drawer –it’s amazing. A subtle yet beautiful detail on the front of the desk are these linear carved lines that are repeated in the legs.  The handles were replaced and one of the original handles is still inside the desk.  On the top of the desk there is a hinged lid that leads to an area for storage. It’s perfect storage if you are a crafter or beader. You could also add a mirror to the inside of the lid and convert this into a vanity.  However, I think this piece is perfect as is!
 

~Liz for Phantastic Phinds

Comments

Popular Posts