Staff Pick of the Week: Library Card Catalog

Hi, I'm Angela, the owner of Phantastic Phinds. One of my top favorite pieces in the store right now is the 18 Drawer Solid Oak Library Card Catalog. It has 18 individual solid oak drawers with name tags on the front of all but one. I have always wanted a piece like this and this one has sooooo much potential. It is a gorgeous piece as is, and most people would think I was nuts to suggest changing it, but after looking at some of these inspirational redo options below, how could you say no?!

Phantastic Phinds Library Card Catalog Available for Sale

I love the idea of adding casters to it. Van Dykes sells great repro hardware.
Image courtesy of The Painted Hive

Painted white with original hardware, clean and simple
Image courtesy of Vintage Junky


A pop of color on an unexpected piece is always a nice touch
Image courtesy of My Other Backyard

A uniform blue seems to do the trick here.
Image courtesy of Just Something I Made
Bold color choice amongst a simple pallet
Image courtesy of Hello Future House
I also think sanding and doing a darker stain would look great too.
It would really bring drama to the piece.
Image courtesy of The Newlywed Diaries


But then again, it is a great piece as is. It's just one of those pieces that would work in any room and could be styled so many ways. How do you pass it up?




~Angela for Phantastic Phinds

Comments

Popular Posts